I managed to finally get an image to into my iPhone Simulator, running into a problem now, I can’t find the image to delete it or change.
Anyway once you if you know the device that is running (if not you can find out the GUID here: https://qatesttech.wordpress.com/2015/04/22/determining-which-device-is-running-in-the-iphone-simulator/)
These steps then worked for adding images:
How to bulk upload images on the iOS Simulator. (I’ve only confirmed it on 6.1.)
- Backup the device folder:
- ~/Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator/6.1/Media
- Copy all your images into the folder:
- ~/Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator/6.1/Media/DCIM/100APPLE
- Move or delete the folder:
- ~/Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator/6.1/Media/PhotoData
- Restart iOS Simulator
- Open the Photos app
The simulator will restore all the images from the 100APPLE folder! – yours will be there too
- My Devices aren’t in this location, they are under ~/Library/Developer….
- I didn’t do step 1, since launching the Simulator copies missing stuff back
- This isn’t a solution for me (but might be for some folks:
- As of iOS 8, you can just drag all your photos onto the simulator window and they’ll save to camera roll automatically. You can do as many at a time as you want.