Category Archives: Python
I needed a (better) tool to send for sending SMS request via HTTP to a Kannel simulator that display the server response. One problem was remembering the URL for various test environments, another was remember the SMSC ID does we use for each country or aggregator, much less the short codes.
So I wrote a new phone simulator that could read this stuff from a properties file, and I used python and wxpython. I am new to both, so it is less than perfect behind the scenes, but it was a nice learning experience and side project to make my life easier.
- URL – URL to talk to the Kannel Sim
- Country – Just list the countr
- SMSC ID – The id for the aggrerator
- Short code – Phone number we send the SMS request too
- Phone Number – The phone number (customer) we are testing with
- SMS Command – What you want to run, things like “help”
I can’t post files here, so I am hosting them on my server
The full program lacks an installer, just unzip and run the phone_sim_ui.exe to see it in action, it is configure for my environment, which doesn’t require a password in QA, it sends up sending something like:
And then querying the server to see Kannel’s response:
- Phone Sim written for Windows
- Source Code (coming in a bit)
7 zip gives good compression and is free (also reads zip files), if you don’t have it can be found http://www.7-zip.org/